Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Will not run...lock is clicking...replaced the lock and

Customer Question

will not run...lock is clicking...replaced the lock and still the light to lock flashing..top load
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Does the lock actually work and lock or just the lock light is flashing?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
light was flashing and did not lock,thought it was broken,put new lock on,turn it on get green light for fill blinking,same with lock button,the lock makes clicking over and over as it would click once to lock. I have top load whirlpool wtw4950xw...

OK can you put the unit into diagnostic mode?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no the lock is not locking, can still open. the green light stays green and the lock light first blinked and clicked and now the light is off

Ok unplug the unit for 12 minutes to reset the control and then try it....let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
how do you put the unit into diagnostic mode?

Ok

Turn the main dial counterclockwise about 2 full revolutions stopping at 12 oclock, then turn it SLOWLY (1/2 sec between clicks)

3 Clicks forwards

1 Click Backwards

1 Click forward

At this point all lights should light up on the panel do they?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i un pluged...followed what you said..only the fill light blinking...should i redo this again

If only the fill light continues to flash and it will do nothing else the control board is defective. It should have reset or done some other things by now, you just need the main control board in the console to repair this issue, they fail a lot.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
would you give me info on what part and cost,is there youtube video, on how to replace

Yes of course

Here is a video

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE FOR PART

If there was nothing more I can do for you all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
you gave me the part number...w10296034....after opening the machine...my number is ***** is not the same...i have to send back this part ,,,go a another week with now washer and pay 100 more for the new...i thank you for helping me...what do you think

Based on the model number you had supplied that is the right part now if you have a 1-4 at the end that would be a different board, but with no numbers at the end of the model the one I listed is the right one.