Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Bosch SHX55RL5UC/64 dishwasher. It was not draining so I

Customer Question

my Bosch SHX55RL5UC/64 dishwasher. It was not draining so I cleaned it out (filter, impeller, etc) but then tried to fast forward through the cycle using the normal wash / heavy wash buttons. Long story short, I ended up changing the program and now it either says C8 or all the wash cycle lights are lit and it says 117 with all wash cycles illuminated. I can't seem to get it back into the normal operation mode.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I think that about sums it up.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

All you need to do to reset the unit back to factory settings is unplug the dishwasher or flip the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher for 5 minutes. If you still get C8 that appears on your screen when you try to run a cycle, your control board somehow failed and would need to be replaced.