Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My refrigerator has 2 bottom freezer drawers that

Customer Question

my refrigerator has 2 bottom freezer drawers that continually accumulate ice making it difficult/impossible to open the bigger compartment. I've had someone out to repair it but the problem persists. Now what?Sandy Malcolm
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 9 months ago.

If the ice you are referring to is accumulating everywhere in the freezer not just at the drawers, like on the facing of the freezer when you open the drawer, then the issue is the unit is getting air in it from outside meaning something is not sealing properly letting outside air into the unit causing the moisture from the outside air to freeze eventually building up until it cause the problem you are having, what did the tech that came out do?

Ok since you have not responded yet , I will just say that it could be a door gasket issue allowing the air in or someone could have left the freezer door open etc; For a short term fix you can unplug the unit and let all the built up ice melt and that will fix it for a while but until someone figures out what is going on and where the leak is it will continue happening.

We are on the honor system for our time so I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page.

This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thank you!