Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My new Freedom Induction cooktop is making a strange noise

Customer Question

My new Freedom Induction cooktop is making a strange noise like relays opening and closing....that kind of clicking. Plus I was browning meat, and it seemed as if the heating was cutting in and out. The meat would be sizzling fine, then it would stop for a bit before beginning again. Is the cooktop going out?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Yes it is malfunctioning the clicking you are hearing are the relays that control the voltage the burners cutting in and out which means its surging for some reason, so if you still have warranty on the unit you will want to call for service so they can repair the issue. If not you will need to have a tech look at the unit because it does have an issue for sure.

We are on the honor system for our time so I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page.

This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thank you!