John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Have a problem with a GE Profile refrigerator with the

Customer Question

Have a problem with a GE Profile refrigerator with the temperature going haywire. The regular compartment temp goes from freezing to 40. Put a new (used) motherboard in and followed instructions from online video. Determined the part from GE parts. Now, the regular compartment say 24 and the freezer -1. The regular compartment doesn't seem that cold. I haven't measured it though.
Regardless, when I hooked up the motherboard, there was a bank of wires that I didn't hook up because I thought they were the ground and this board requires a ground be created with a screw. This bank of wires were not shown in any of the videos, but were there. I just left them off. Could they be the reason for the weird numbers?
Janet
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

What was the part number of the part you installed? Also where did you purchase a used board from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mouse over image to zoomPart was WR55X10942WR55x10942 was the part number.
Purchased on ebay--Used, working in excellent condition
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Never buy used parts on EBAY, you don't know what you are getting. I think you problem is the board itself.

What is the actual temps in the freezer and fridge compartments?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
o in freezer and 26 or 25 or so in frig, but I don't think the 26 is actual because the tea isn't freezing. What I want to know is that there was a bank of wire that I did not connect because I thought were ground. They were wrapped in black tape going towards the bottom of the frig. Wondered if I should try to connect them and see what would happen? I have yet another board that I could try. too.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

All banks of wire have to be connected, try that.