Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a kenmore elite model 795.72043.316. French door with

Customer Question

I have a kenmore elite model 795.72043.316. French door with lower freezer model. Husband did not shut freezer door all the way last night or this am. Ice crystals have formed on most all things. my only concern is how to save the motor. It's not making any noise but how do I ensure the ice build up didn't make its way to the motor?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The only things you can do to make sure that the unit doesn't overfrost is to with unplug the refrigerator for 24 hours to allow everything to thaw out, or you'll need to remove everything out of the freezer and remove the back panel inside the freezer. Use a hair dryer to thaw any frost out that you see behind the back panel. Then you can re-assemble and get everything to work properly again. Below is a video that shows you how to remove the back panel inside the freezer if you wanted to go that route. Keep in mind that your Kenmore Elite model is made by LG so the process is the same as in the video below. If you don't have an icemaker in the freezer section then just skip that step.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Not good news but very clear and helpful instructs. Response was also < 10 mins which was great.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Help! Can't get upper drawer off/out. No tabs. Unscrewed screws but back of drawer is still not lifting for removal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Video provided is for diff model. Mine is a kenmore elite.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please advise ASAP.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I had logged off long before you replied hours later, but the process is the same as in the video