Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a frigidaire LGGF3042KFN gas range, just over two

Customer Question

I have a frigidaire LGGF3042KFN gas range, just over two years old, oven temperature varies hi and low 20 to 50 degrees, igniter??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

If it takes more than a minute to get a flame from the time you start it replace the ignitor on the unit and that should solve the heating and temp issues. If it lights up fast I would check the temp probe on the unit and make sure it is within ohm range about 1080 ohms at 77 degrees.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
both suggestions proved negitive
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the ignitor and probe checked out ok

OK if both checked out of then the clock control is bad, that is what senses the temperature from the probe and would be the only thing that could cause the temperature issue, they do go bad for that issue.