Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a kitchenAid dish washer that will not engage.

Customer Question

i have a kitchenAid dish washer that will not engage. KUDS02FRBL1, on the control pnl the cancel light blinks and nothing else happens
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

How many times does it flash in a row before pausing?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it does not stop blinking

Have you tried shutting off the power to the unit for a full minute and turn it back on?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i have already tr
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i have already tryed that

OK that means the unit is sensing a stuck function key on the touchpad you need to replace the touchpad on the unit, you can order it from SEARSPARTSDIRECT.COM here is a link to it, it is part #1 and you need to order based on the color of your unit.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i will replace the touch pad and get back to you if that does not work

Yes no problem all I ask is please rate my service today as that will allow you direct access back to me for followup issues without delay