Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My samsung front load washer won't go into a full spin cycle

Customer Question

my samsung front load washer won't go into a full spin cycle it washes fine
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: we just replaced the drain pump
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: same issue
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Samsung WF395btbtpa. no noises. no error code. washes fine. calibrates fine. moves clothes to the left and right and start to spin for about 30 seconds then goes back to moving clothes from left to right. during the test cycle it spins and finishes fine. we replaced the drain pump. same issue small or large load.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

So basically it never starts to spin in regular mode?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right it doesn't go into a full high speed spin. it tumbles just fine during wash cycle and if i run a quick wash with no clothes it spins fine. doesn't matter if my load is large or small. if there are in clothes at all it won't spin.

What is the model number off the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wf395btpasu/a2

Is the unit good and level or is it rocking around?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's leveled. no rocking

OK does it ever spin with anything in it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as i stated above. it spins for about 30 to 60 seconds then goes back to moving the clothes back and forth

I am checking to see if there are any bulletins on your unit, I have not forgot about you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just did a rinse and spin only with the washer empty and it got to full high speed spin.

OK check the rotor behind the unit there is a bulletin on the RPS sensor for your unit causes that issue when it has a load in it. The RPS sensor is mounted to the rotor behind the unit after you get the stator hub off, here is the part number. These did fail a lot.

DC31-00098A

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We replaced that part and it did not fix it. we ended up replacing the Motor Rotor Stator DC31-00111A,