Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Miele w4840 tech error 51 has appeared. How can I fix it? I

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Miele w4840 tech error 51 has appeared. How can I fix it?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: I have to cut off water. I can use washer after I cut off water to finish.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! That error means that the electronic control cannot detect the sensor that monitors the balance of the tub. There are several things that can cause that error, including a faulty sensor, faulty control or a wiring issue. See the attached page from the service manual. Are you abel to perform electrical testing and disassembly on this complex machine?