Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a 14 year old Dacor electric oven/cooktop is gas. the

Customer Question

I have a 14 year old Dacor electric oven/cooktop is gas. the F1 error code continues to beep. It will shut off if I hit the cancel button, but sometimes only for a few minutes, other times for a couple of hours. Help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

That is typically a clock (ERC) failure. Perform the following tests to confirm before ordering.

For steady F1 codes:

1. Leave the power on, as the F1 signals showing on display.

Carefully take down the control panel or the maintop and access the back of the ERC/CLOCK.

2. Find the flat ribbon coming off from the membrane (touch pad) going into the ERC/CLOCK.

3. While the F1 is signaling, press cancel/secure and immediately disconnect the touch pad going into the ERC.

If the Membrane is faulty, the F1 will cease, then replace the membrane.

For Continuing F1

After the above is completed follow the steps below.

Inspect the Molex plug connection from the ERC to to the relay board for a shorted connection.

Check relay board for cracked solder joints at the connection.

ERC with F1 Failure

The F1 must be displayed in the ERC for this test.

At the ERC check for 24 VDC at the J2 connector between pins 1 and 3 for single / lower oven.

At the J5 connector between 7 and 10 for the lower oven (when the oven is not in a cooking mode).

if you read 24 VDC at those test points, replace the ERC/CLOCK

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

I am just a tech and payment for our work is on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks