Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I replaced the main control board in my ge gfwr4800foww now

Customer Question

I replaced the main control board in my ge gfwr4800foww now the tub light blinks and nothing works
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: washer was dead installed new control board still dead but tub light blinks in a sequence 2 blinks every 2 sec. I think it needs to be programed.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 9 months ago.

yes you would be correct it will have to be programmed give me a sec I have the instruction sheet somewhere let me find it, thanks.

Ok here is the programming information, follow the directions on the sheet and you will be back in business,

click here to download/open instruction sheet

please read below:

We are on the honor system for our time so I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page.

This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thank you!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank you for your immediate attention in taking

care of this.

If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I got the programming sheet. I replaced both main control and interface. The interface is dead so I can't program. It's the TUB light blinking in a sequence. Do you know what that means?

ok here is what you have to do to figure out what is going on, you have a voltage issue to the ui board you will have t o find, considering you replaced both boards with the correct part numbers, then do the tests below, it could be you just got a corrupt part or you did not use a grounding strap when handling the boards and fried one with static electricity:

UI Board Diagnostics

1. Check for 120 VAC at IMC J101 pins 2 & 3.

a. If 120 VAC is present go to step 2.

b. If 120 VAC is not present check house supply voltage.

2. Check for 12 VDC between IMC J603 pins 1 & 4 and 7.5 VDC between IMC J603 pins 1 & 3.

a. If either voltage is not present replace the IMC board.

b. If both voltages are present go to step 3.

3. Check for 12 VDC between UI J201 pins 1 & 5 and 7.5 VDC between UI J201 pins 3 & 5.

a. If either voltage is not present, check wiring between the UI board and the IMC board.

b. If both voltages are present, replace the UI board.

here is a image of the circuit:

click here