Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore Elite Refrigerator Ice Machine in the door

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore Elite Refrigerator Ice Machine in the door not working. It's model # ***** The ice tray is turned upside down and will not move. I appreciate any ideas you may have.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We've had no problems with it, it's only a couple of years old. It just stopped making ice. I can't find any button for reset or anything for resetting in any way. The tray is upside down so water cannot flow into it. Not much more to tell you.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

When the icemaker tray flips upside down and won't rotate on it's own back to the resting position right side up, there is nothing you can do but replace the icemaker. Either the rotation motor is shorted, the gears are stripped, or the head of the icemaker is jammed. Either way, the icemaker will need to be replaced to resolve the issue anytime this issue occurs so below is a link to the icemaker you'd need to order and replace which is about $110 or so.

CLICK HERE for icemaker

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.