Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I own the Marvel 6BARM and inadvertently made changes to the

Customer Question

I own the Marvel 6BARM and inadvertently made changes to the submenu/second menu, it there a way to reset the all settings? The submenu is entered by holding down the set and on/off keys.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Called Marvel and they said they do not have the default settings and suggested that I watch the refrigerator for any thing odd. They said the controller is flashed with the settings at the factory and they offered to replace the controller for $125. Any suggestions?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So all you did tell the display to display something else, you didn't actually change how the unit works. Pressing and holding both the SET button and the ON/OFF button just resets the stored high temperatures. The high temperatures are recorded in case you need to know if the unit warmed up more than it should have. This is useful for hospitals and such when storing medicine. Either way, first just unplug the unit for 5 minutes to see if it resets. If not, then just press and hold the SET button for 5 seconds to display the current temperature.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are settings in the user manual like you mention and other settings (submenu) that are not published anywhere. The submenu has numerous settings in the submenu that Marvel said is flashed at the factory. They are not aware of a way to reflash/reset it to the default ...do you know how to reset?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You can not reset them, that isn't an option unfortunately.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are the default settings published anywhere?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

No it is not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, but if it's not working properly the factory is correct, it would have to be re-flashed which would make the best option just replacing the board.