Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Maytag electric dryer runs anytime door is closed. I changed

Customer Question

Maytag electric dryer runs anytime door is closed. I changed out door switch and operates good for couple weeks and now runs anytime door I'd closed. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Model LDE9206ACE maytag
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Thank you! If you turn the timer to an OFF position with the door closed, does it stop running?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
With door closed, it runs in all off positions
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

If it runs when the timer is off, then the contacts in the centrifugal switch on the motor are welded together and the motor will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!