Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

JS48SSDUDE refrigerator will not run push start button

Customer Question

JS48SSDUDE refrigerator will not run push start button lights come on compressor runs about 15 sec. and shuts off and lights on panel go out. run in test mode and at run the first to test ok 3rd test in evap motor and motor does not run and test ends lights on panel goes off.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

That is a failed capacitor issue on the main control board for the unit, you need to replace the main control to get it working again. Sometimes you can solder in a new capacitor on the board to fix that issue, but it does not always work.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks