Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The cooktop on our Kenmore Elite Model790n46633 603 dual

Customer Question

The cooktop on our Kenmore Elite Model790n46633 603 dual fuel range is cracked in several spots. How does it come off the machine chassis for replacement?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

There is a lot of work to remove the top glass panel I'm afraid to say. You'll need to pull the oven out and remove all the screws below the cooktop going around the left and right side as well as the back. Unplug the oven. Pull all the knobs off the control panel, and unscrew the locking nuts below each knob. The top of the control panel will pull off and then you can work on removing the screws along the front holding the cooktop down. Then the cooktop should pull up and off for replacement.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.