Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a whirlpool quiet partner 1. I've reset the board

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool quiet partner 1. I've reset the board several times with no luck. Each Time THE red cancel light. Comes on.... I have hot water at the sink beside the dishwasher.....
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

What are you trying to reset exactly? What is the problem and do you have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The model number was listed earlier but is a whirl Poole quiet partner 1. Du1010xtx03. The dishwasher will not start or cycle. Hence the attempt to reset it.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Can you still select and change all the options and cycles on the control panel like normal? It just doesn't start? Do you have any flashing lights on the control panel?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
you can change all the lights and they were illuminated during the reset sequence. Now when you hit the start button after a few seconds the red led under cancel /drain illuminates
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

OK that can only be caused by a bad control board. Try to unplug the dishwasher or flip the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher for 5 minutes. If the board doesn't reset, the control board will need to be replaced. Below is a link to the control board you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.