Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore Ultra Fabric Care Heavy Duty 80 series

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore Ultra Fabric Care Heavy Duty 80 series washer.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: It shakes a lot during spin cycle... so much that I think it is always an off balance load.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: It needs some agitator dogs. Do I need a whole kit or just the dogs?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So to start, you can buy just the agitator dogs. Below is a link to the kit you'd need to order and replace for your model. They are less than $4.

CLICK HERE for agitator dogs

Now as for the washer shaking too much, first try to level the washer. The washer has automatic rear adjustment legs. If you tilt/pull the washer forward and set it back down quickly, the rear legs should auto adjust to level out the washer. Try the washer again. If it still goes out of balance, then you'd need to remove the entire outer shell and make sure none of the springs along the bottom of the tub are not broken. If you find a broken spring, replace it. If everything checks good--the skate plate which sits between the bottom of the outer plastic tub and the tub support frame below the tub is just wearing out and the skate plate would need to be replaced. That's a gradual issue that gets worse when the skate plate wears out, but unfortunately it's not easy to replace at all since the entire tub must be removed so for this you may need a technician.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.