Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a Maytag washer. It has spilled over water on the

Customer Question

I have a Maytag washer. It has spilled over water on the floor. today I have discovered
water on the floor on the wall behind the laundry room (kitchen)
Could you tell me how the water could be getting out of the tub and on the floor???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 9 months ago.

well it could be several issues, if the water seems that it came from the rear of the washer and from the sounds of it , it was a lot of water, then either the drain hose has a hole in it, the drain hose came out of the drain pipe, or its not the washer at all but your drain is stopped up and water is backing up and spilling onto the floor. The only way to find out what is going on for sure is to fill the machine with water and put it spin and drain and see where the water is coming from, if it's a top load washer, it also could be overfilling and water is coming over the top of the tub. I can help you further once you let me know which is going on, so try to figure that part out and let me know what you find, in the meantime

I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page. If you don't see it please let me know.

Please be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site as this rating reflects on me not on the site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thank you!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank you for your immediate attention in taking

care of this.

If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know.