Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a may tag front loader. I accidentally put too mucH

Customer Question

I have a may tag front loader. I accidentally put too mucH detergent and the suds were unbelievable now the washer door is stuck on lock and no other controls work. What do I do
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

You cannot turn it off and on either?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot - it wll not unlock - the lock light flashes and it seems the drain pump is running and will not stop.I unplugged it for overnight and when plugged in again it still will not unlock nor will the pump motor stop
No other controls will work
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Okay, The model number you sent is for a dryer, can you post a picture of the machine for me to see which one you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not fair - at this point you have not indicated any type of answer and now you want to charge me another $18 ro talk about it.
I would be better off just to call in a Tech to come to the house
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

What are you talking about? Ignore if it asked about the phone call, we don't need it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about the model # ***** I am not at home right now but the Model was purchased about a year ago. I can send the correct model # ***** today about 2:pm..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this ok
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

no prob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chas the model # ***** ***** this is the # ***** on the warranty card the booklet on the machine shows W10649235A
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

DO you have a dryer stacked on top of the washer now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

We need to remove the top of the washer and reach down to the lock and unlock it while it is unpluged, There should be screws on the back of the top you remove to take the top off, then you can reach down to the latch, there will be a pull ring at the bottom of it, that will release the door, let me know when you get there

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There and door is open. I cloSed the door again but still no controls and pump motor still going so I unplugged it again
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Was the pump motor running with the door open?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Something is not right here, Do you have a multimeter to take some electrical measurment.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Sorry Chas
But I feel this was a waste of money
Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The excess suds have caused a restriction in the pressure switch tube. The pressure switch is mounted at the top of the cabinet (with the top off). It will have a very small hose attached to it. If you remove that hose and blow through it (the hose), does air easily pass and the behavior change?

Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you for you reply. I have already had a repair person to fix the machine
Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.

I understand, thank you. Have a nice rest of your evening.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
you are correct. The pressure switch had to be replaced.
Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** knowing what happened. That was very kind of you to post back, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?