Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

The door lock release on my affinity front load washer.

Customer Question

the door lock release on my affinity front load washer. everything was working fine. i put in a light comforter last night before going to bed and this morning the door lock won't release
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what other issues would you be needing besides what i've just sent?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

The first thing to try is to push in on the door a little and see if it will unlock. It may be in a bind.

There is a door lock solenoid you might hear click. If that does not work try unplugging the washer for 10 minutes and plugging it back in it may reset the door lock, if not and there is no water in the tub then the door lock as failed and it will have to be replaced. On that model there is not manual door lock release and no code that will make it release either, so if you want to open the door you will have to just yank on it real hard to open it and replace the door lock. If there is water in the unit the computer will not allow the door to open, apparently the pump is not pumping out the water if this is the case, try cleaning out the pump trap if that does not work then the pump will need to be replaced for the machine to work correctly, but like I said that is only if the tub is full of water.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank you for your immediate attention in taking

care of this.

If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know.

I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page. If you don't see it please let me know.

Please be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site as this rating reflects on me not on the site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thank you!

care of this.