John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

We have a GE washer Model # WHRE5550KWW that will only spin

Customer Question

Hi, we have a GE washer Model # ***** that will only spin very slowly so the clothes are coming out soaking wet. Any suggestions?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: We tried the reset recommended by GE, which did not work. We took the front panel off the machine as well and the belt appears to be intact.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: It will engage the spin cycle but with minimal RPM.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Does the agitation cycle and rinse cycle work correctly?

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

If agitation and rinse cycles function properly, the drive motor belt will need to be replaced. The part number is ***** and you can purchase it at www.searspartsdirect.com.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Do you need any further assistance, before your request times out?