Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Samsung WF338AAW/XAA error 3E Just replace PCB and still

Customer Question

samsung WF338AAW/XAA error 3E Just replace PCB and still have the same error code........
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 1 year ago.

Unplug the washer. Check the wire harness connections on the drive motor and the electronic control board. If the wiring connections are sound, the drive motor or the hall sensor may need to be replaced.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive credit for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
samsung WF338AAW/XAA error 3E I already checked the connections to the drive motor and hall sensor,,,I swapped the connections one at a time from the old PCB to the replacement.....before I disconnected the drive motor and hall sensor it would wiggle back and forth when it was trying to spin or wash.....when I reconnected the drive motor and sensor to the original PCB it no longer wiggled back and forth, when I connected it to the replacement board it no longer wiggled back and forth and with both boards I get a 3E error....

Then you will need to replace the hall sensor or motor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked the movement of the rotor, since this is a direct drive induction motor and there is no pulley, belt or transmission. The rotor seems to turn freely, is there a way to test the hall effect sensor....my model the motor and sensor are molded in one piece..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In frustration I took a small screwdriver and pushed the hall sensor connection and power connection to the motor as hard as I could, they appeared latched from looking at them before I did this.....I again plugged in the washer, selected spin....the motor started up, the drum spun, it is empty of all clothes, but shook like there was an uneven load. This shaking was only at slow and slightly faster speed,,,,slightly faster shook a lot more,,,,,as it spun faster and faster the shaking ended.....it did sound a little louder than normal,,,but that could be because the back is pulled off for access and the washer is pulled out for me to get to the back.....wondering if I have a bearing going out??? So apparently the sensor and motor are fine....maybe the harness itself? Or could a bearing going out make it pull enough extra current to trip the sensor into detecting high current 3E error.......if it is a bearing how LOUD would it be to cause that kind of problem...?????
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

I noticed that the previous expert decided to give up on you. I may be able to help if you still want help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jamie, thanks, ***** ***** that the motor stater may have some bad windings.....it seems to hesitate to start sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't either way I think it is either the stater or sensor, so I will replace those......this has just been irritating since its so difficult to pin down the exact issue.....
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Most likely the stator is the problem on this. Since you have already replaced the main PCB.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Tips are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

I noticed that the question is still open, if there is nothing else you need, please rate my service to you today, so I may be credited with helping you...