John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Our new front loading Whirlpool Duet door locked signal is

Customer Question

Hi Mike, Our new front loading Whirlpool Duet door locked signal is blinking and the control lock light is on…our pipes had frozen and we had added extra heat to room to thaw them (bitter cold here) and when I put the load in the washer, and started it the water wouldn't start but then the locked signal started blinking and control lock light came on…have unplugged it a few times, held the power button, and also held the control lock button to turn it off…nothing is working… my husband's clothes are stuck in the washer and he is going out of town tomorrow morning…YIKES!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We had another front loading washer before but could open the door if there was no water…this one isn't opening at all…
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 9 months ago.

Do you by chance have the model number?