John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My Jenair fridge, double door has ice at the bottom so i

Customer Question

my Jenair fridge , double door has ice at the bottom so i need to remove water on the floor almost on daily basis
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 9 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. Is this a bottom freezer model? Can you supply the model number so I can give specific directions?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Model jfc2290vem8 three door

Okay, thanks. It sounds like you have a frozen drain. This requires the freezer to be emptied and the drain trap in the back cleaned. Link to picture of the drain trap This will require the lower rear panel to be removed behind the refrigerator. Take care not to damage the drain pan where the tube is attached at the bottom as it is difficult to replace. Is this something you want to try to do yourself? The edges of the panel are sharp so be warned. You will also need to use a hair dryer inside the freezer to clear the ice after you remove all the food and removeable baskets. Just be careful to not overheat the plastic liner as it could melt. Let me know what you want to try and I will help you as needed.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you . I will try on next weekend , do you have any manual for this model to help me

No, but I will attach a link to a video that will show the location of the drain hole in the freezer. It shows taking apart a lot more than you will need to do. It is a little older and you should already have the newer style P-trap drain tube in the back. Video link

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you !

Glad to help. Let me know if you have any problems.