John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

Samsung Microwave oven comes on when door opens

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my eyes & ears! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem. Thank you for excepting me for you appliance issue. I'll be right with you and please don't forget to rate my service at completion.

More likely your going to have a bad door switch.. Do you happen to have a multi meter?

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

One of the door interface switches has failed in the closed position, and it will need to be replaced. I'll get the part number for you, and I'll get back to you. Thank you.

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

There are three door switches, which detect an open door. The part number for two of the is 3405-001033, price is $4.59. The other one's part number is ***** price is $4.99. The switches are available at www.appliancepartspros.com.

It's best to replace all three switches in the latch assembly, as the other switches are likely to fail soon, if you don't. Replacing the switches requires that the oven assembly be removed from its enclosure. This is not an easy endeavor. If you don't feel comfortable, when you consider doing it, it's best done by a service professional.

If you want to give it a try, remove the screws holding the plastic frame, remove it, then remove the oven hold down screws, and pull the oven toward you, until it's about half way out. Be sure to unplug the oven, so the power cord can follow oven out.

The latch assembly is located toward the rear, as you look into the control area. It's held in place by two or three special shoulder screws. Don't misplace these! With the latch assembly removed, you'll see which switches fit where.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Do you need any more help, before your request times out?