Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My microwave/hood combo. which was purchased on 10/18/2014,

Customer Question

my microwave/hood combo. which was purchased on 10/18/2014, is malfunctioning. The display reads "door" even though the door is shut. The microwave will not function.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my eyes & ears! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem. Thank you for excepting me for you appliance issue. I'll be right with you and please don't forget to rate my service at completion

***Chances are you have a bad door switch. worst case it could be a bad control board.

Do you have a electrical multi meter?

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello do you still need help?