Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Our ge side by side refrig makes a loud cluck when it shuts

Customer Question

Our ge side by side refrig makes a loud cluck when it shuts off?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

If it is making a quick clunking noise when the compressor shuts down and it sounds like someone is rapping on a hollow metal ball briefly....then your compressor internal mounting springs are bad. This is something that will not hurt the unit and not something you will want to repair as you would need a compressor to repair the issue. It will be fine other than it will make that noise.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks