Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

WM2233H will not turn on unless we remove the plug from the

Customer Question

WM2233H will not turn on unless we remove the plug from the outlet and replug. The machine will start and work. The outlet is good. Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

So this is a well known issue for LG washers by appliance technicians who are authorized. Unfortunately the logic inside the main control board located behind the tub in the far back left corner isn't resetting properly. You'll need to order and replace this control board to resolve the issue so below is a link to the control board.

CLICK HERE for control board

To access the board, just pull the washer out and unplug the washer. Remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel and the top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Now the control board is mounted in the upper back left corner and it's all plug and play so it should take about 15 minutes to swap out.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?