Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

We have a scratch and dent whirlpool VM0S00SS microwave

Customer Question

We have a scratch and dent whirlpool VM0S00SS microwave oven. Just started using it two days ago. Yesterday when I used it to cook chicken breast I was able to program in the instruction and it started and ran according to plan but did not cook. After 10 minutes the meat was the same as when I put it in the microwave. So I am wondering if this is a fixable problem. (Think replacing a fuse or such). Any info would help.
Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 9 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

Can you reverify the model number?

Expert:  Chas replied 9 months ago.

Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Our model # ***** *****
Expert:  Chas replied 9 months ago.

The problem is fixable, however I know it is not a fuse or something, most likely the magnatron is damaged, or the relay on the control board that energizes the magnatron to cook is bad, either item is going to cost well over $100 depending what is found inside damaged. Was this a demo model that you purchased?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
not that i know of but the cabinet does have outer damage. so what exactly is a magnatron and how is it installed
Expert:  Chas replied 9 months ago.

The magnatron is over $300 for this model. and installing it means taking the complete unit apart to put it in. This is what does the cooking of your food.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Click here

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Tips are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory