Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

What does it mean when the the signal is two blue blinks

Customer Question

What does it mean when the the signal is two blue blinks (oven), one blink (heating). This refers to the smaller oven. The larger oven has no blinks.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Our Thermador is model PG484GGE. The two blue lights beside the oven control for the smaller oven are blinking in this sequence: Oven: blinks twice. Temperature: blinks once. The sequence continues perpetually. The large oven has no problem that we can detect. The smaller oven does not owrk at all.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

This error means that your potentiometer has failed. You'll need to remove the oven sensor inside the small oven and test resistance. It should be 1080 at room temperature, if not then replace it. If it checks good, then that switch behind the knob that you turn to adjust the temperature on the small oven has failed and will need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?