AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 10 years
76126576

I have a whirlpool cabrio dryer with steam model WED6600vw0.

Customer Question

Hi. I have a whirlpool cabrio dryer with steam model WED6600vw0. Unit does not start from sensing light stays on. It ticks but does not start. I see F25 error code. Have replaced thermal fuse, thermistor and thermostat but still not starting. Any suggestions?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: diagnostic code 88, then F25
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 1 year ago.

If you replaced the thermistor and still getting the code then the control board is faulty and needs to be replaced.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive credit for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated. Thank you for using Just Answer.