Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My washer is showing F code with no number. I press start

Customer Question

My washer is showing F code with no number. I press start but code show up again. What kind I do?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: did explain my problem
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: I just getting the beep and code F show up
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Please provide a model number off the unit where I can better assist you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WTW7600XWD
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately when you get an "F" error, it means that your main microcomputer is shorted and it will need to be ordered and replaced in order to correct the issue. The micro computer (also known as the CCU) is located under the top panel and it's the plastic box with all the wires connected into it..

Would you like me to get you the part number for you?

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am a different tech do you still need help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I do no want your service, they did not resolve my problem. I totally to immediately cancel any charges done to my debit card including the initial$5 and the $25 later. I do not authorized any charges done to my debit card because no work was done or resolve . I resolve the problem using you tube free. Once again any charges at all make in my debit charge should be cancel and return back the money to my account plus I do not want to have anything else with further charges because they are not authorized at all. Stop any charges immediately