Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have whirlpool duet sport elec dryer WED8300SW1. It won't

Customer Question

I have whirlpool duet sport elec dryer WED8300SW1. It won't start-it gives me an error code of F-01 and shuts off. I have checked the thermal fuse and it checks ok. How do I
locate the door switch so I can check it? Thanks.
Leroy
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my eyes & ears! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem. Thank you for excepting me for you appliance issue. I'll be right with you and please don't forget to rate my service at completion.

Please give me a min to look up your info on the dryer

Expert:  Sean F. replied 9 months ago.

The F01 error code indicates an issue with the electronic dryer control board. It will likely need to be replaced, but you can attempt to reset it by unplugging the machine for about 10 minutes. If the F01 comes back, the control will need to be replaced. It is accessed by removing the top panel from the dryer (three screws at the back of the top panel). All connectors unplug and plug in, making for a very easy repair.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Sean F. replied 9 months ago.

Would you like the part number?

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello if there is nothing more we can do for you please use the star rating system to rate the assistance thanks

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

If there was nothing more I can do for you all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks