Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a kitchen aid kude40fxss0. It will not run. I have

Customer Question

Hello there. I have a kitchen aid kude40fxss0. It will not run. I have followed some of your threads on here and after doing the the troubleshooting sequence (123,123,123) it appears to be throwing a fault code of 4 and then 1 flash. Any help would be appreciated.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So it sounds like you've done everything you need to to determine what is wrong. Error 4-1 means that your circulation motor isn't running properly. You'll want to pull the dishwasher out and check the hose that comes from the circulation pump area and make sure one of the hose clamps didn't pop off. It's common for one to pop off and then leak water onto the pump which causes a pump error. If this is the case you can usually just dry the motor out for 24 hours and it'll work normally again.

Other than that, if all the hoses are secure and not leaking, remove the pump and check for debris in the circulation pump impeller. If you find nothing, then replace the circulation pump. The part number is ***** for the circulation pump assembly.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I am going to try this now.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

No problem and good luck. I'm sorry about the bad news today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tyler, I will provide the rating once the part comes in and it was the solution. Rest assured I will give 5 stars if your guidance worked. I did not find any loose hoses or debris in impellers.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK good luck to you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tyler,
Based on our conversation I replaced the part and unfortunately my dishwasher is still not working. I have a repair professional coming out tomorrow. Based on this I am not willing to provide a rating.Mike Newman
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! That model has a fuse on the control board in the motor circuit that has likely opened. Its position on the control is shown in the attached picture. You can easily test these fuses by measuring continuity through them. They are very common to open and cause the error code you are seeing.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I was just checking in with you because I have not heard back from you. If you have no other questions, positive feedback would be appreciated.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!