John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I want to replace my 28 year old jenn air cooktop it's 47"

Customer Question

i want to replace my 28 year old jenn air cooktop it's 47" wide and I need a downdraft. can't seem to find anything but another jennair. don't care if I have the grill more burners would be fine.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: just cost!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There are options available for cooktops requiring venting. There are many models available with the telescoping vents like the one below. Is this something that you are interested in or are you wanting to stay with the flat Jenn Air style?

CLICK HERE