Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Recently our KDTE104ESS (fairly new) stopped working - the

Customer Question

recently our KDTE104ESS (fairly new) stopped working - the soap dispenser opens only sporadically and the soap never dissolves and the dishes remain unwashed
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Is the unit filling with water?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No

Ok find the dome float in the front bottom corner of the unit, see if that moves up and down freely and let me know.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it does not seem to be moving freely

If it is stuck up it will not fill with water, it should move up about 1" and down about the same. That may be the issue, it should be in the down position.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok, thanks for the help

no problem if you need anything else just post back