Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have an electric dryer and although it's working and

Customer Question

hi. i have an electric dryer and although it's working and drying everything smells like gas fumes. could this be a need to clean the vent?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It's a maytag Epic Z. smells like fumes when i open the dryer door
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my eyes & ears! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem. Thank you for excepting me for you appliance issue. I'll be right with you and please don't forget to rate my service at completion.

****Good morning. Where is you dryer lint trap is it in the door or on top of the dryer?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it is in the front - below the door
Expert:  Sean F. replied 9 months ago.

Okay. Open the door and remove the lint filter. Then keep the door open and pushing and hold the door switch and turn on the dryer. Then stick you hand in where the filter goes and you want to be able to feel of air pulling. P.S nothing is going to hurt you when you have your hand in there. Let me know if you feel the pull of air.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
unfortunately I'm not at home by the dryer so I can't actually do that right now. i just stumbled across this site and didn't realize you actually walked me through step by step. sorry but I guess this may not work.
Expert:  Sean F. replied 9 months ago.

Okay, I will be back on tonight if you would like try when you get home.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok thank you!
Expert:  Sean F. replied 9 months ago.

No problem

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

If you need anything else let me know

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks