Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Our whirlpool quiet wash plus 940 won't turn on. No red

Customer Question

Our whirlpool quiet wash plus 940 won't turn on. No red lights nothing. We installed it (used) a couple weeks,ago and it's been fine. Now nothing.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my eyes & ears! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem. Thank you for excepting me for you appliance issue. I'll be right with you and please don't forget to rate my service at completion.

****Can you please provide the full model number off the unit. You will find it around the base of the tub where the door closes into it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
D094ogwdb5
Expert:  Sean F. replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry but that number is ***** a good number. Can you please look again.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
DU94OQWDB5
Expert:  Sean F. replied 9 months ago.

Do you have a multi meter?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What is that, like an electric tester?
Expert:  Sean F. replied 9 months ago.

Yes

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No.....
Expert:  Sean F. replied 9 months ago.

Without being able to test for electricity to the unit or to check electrical parts if they are good or not there is not much I can do at this point.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok. If I can find a meter tomorrow call I connect you without paying again?
Expert:  Sean F. replied 9 months ago.

Yes we can pick right up where we started from tomorrow.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok, hope to talk to you tomorrow. Thanks
Expert:  Sean F. replied 9 months ago.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Expert:  Sean F. replied 9 months ago.

Afternoon, Just wanted to let you know I am on the computer now.

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the power to the machine is good, the thermal fuse is likely open. That fuse is shown as number 4 in the diagram at the link below. Access is gained by removing the screws from around the inner door and separating the panels.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!