John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Kun, My refrigerator doesn't cooling. My Refrigerator is a

Customer Question

Kun, My refrigerator doesn't cooling.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My Refrigerator is a GE DSS25KGRD WW. The left part (I assume the freezer part) doesn't work. When I open it, it feels like room temperature. However, when I tried to clean up the stuff inside, I found the middle and bottom part have big blocks of ice.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 9 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

your issue is a defrost issue.

If the Evaporator coil is frozen over then no air movement will go across the coil and then the unit begins to warm up .

When you open the freezer door can you hear the fan in the freezer running ?