Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Washer door won won't open, the "door locked" light

Customer Question

washer door won won't open
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the "door locked" light flashing, can't turn it off or do anything
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 11 months ago.

Can you tell me who makes the washer?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
whirlpool
Expert:  Sean F. replied 11 months ago.

Right under the door should be a access panel. You might need to us a 2X4 and tilt it back where you can get to the 2-3 screw to remove it. When you get that off let me know.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
this is not my washer, I am contractor, I installed the washer for client. the washer is on client's house, I can't do anything until tomorrow. I think it's better to call me tomorrow
Expert:  Sean F. replied 11 months ago.

sorry I do not call.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
have I been charged yet?
Expert:  Sean F. replied 11 months ago.

If you want someone to call you. You can request it. But they charge more for calls I believe.

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The door will not unlock if all of the water has not drained from the machine. If this is a new install, the pump filter is not likely to be plugged, so I would suspect an issue with the way the drain hose is plumbed in if there is indeed water that has not drained. Let me know if you find water in the tub, please.