John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Whirlpool Gold 25 ft side by side, about 8 years

Customer Question

Hello Pearl, I have a Whirlpool Gold 25 ft side by side, about 8 years old. Model "GC3NHA/GC5NHA." It's makes a clicking noise for a second then pauses a second and starts again. I think it is trying to kick on, because the temperature goes up quite a bit and it don't cool for a while. I will finally kick on and the noise quits. The noise seems to be coming from the top near the temperature gauges? Would it help to defrost it?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Well, its been doing this for about a week, that I have noticed. Thank you... :-)
JA: Huh?
Customer: Do I need to respond to your "Huh"?
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Can I get the full model number? It should be locate don a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section. The number you have listed is just a partial number.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's a Niagara Counter Depth. I cannot any numbers on it other than: GC3NHA/GC3NHA...
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately I'd need the full model number to see what can cause this issue. It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section. The number you have listed is just a partial number.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That IS the only number on it anywhere. I have found the book, the book don't say what model it is. May I get my money back so that I can call Whirlpool? I very much regret this call, now you want more money to call you... no