John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

Bosch. Cancel and drain works. Regular wash doesn't work.

Customer Question

Bosch. Cancel and drain works. Regular wash doesn't work. Gets moist and steamy but doesn't fill up with water. Doesn't actually run.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

The washer won't start to agitate, until it is filled to the selected water level. First, check to see that the supply water faucets are open, and that there are no kinks or pinches in the water supply lines. If these things check out, remove the power from the washer by unplugging it, or switching off the mains breaker for 30 minutes to see if the control board will reset, and function properly.

If none of the above suggestions solve the problem, please send me the model number, so I can search for technical information for you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Model Number: shu9915uc /u11-bosch-shu9915uc-u11Water was off. Just moved in. Have two dishwashers, one on either side of sink. Turned water on, Unit makes noise like it is trying to draw water, no water sound, then it stops.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When I cancel and drain, the small amount of water that did go in drains, then I can hear water rush in to rinse.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Will not get water for regular wash cycle.
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

You may have air in the water supply lines or lint in the faucet connection screens. The screens are inside the hose fittings, which screw onto the supply faucets. Also check for kinks or pinches in the water lines.

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Do you need any further assistance, before your request times out?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Motor is bad.
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

There are two pump motors shown for your model. One part number is ***** which has a photo of it. The other part number is ***** which has no photo. The parts are available at www.searspartsdirect.com.