Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Malber P18 washer: it takes four times as to fill with cold

Customer Question

Malber P18 washer: it takes four times as long to fill with cold water as it does with hot. Filters are clean. Supply pressure equal (in fact, cold water supply is slightly higher.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Replace the cold water valve on the unit, the valve may have an internal blockage in the orifice port. That is about all that would cause that issue. The dead spot may all be related to the cold water as there is a section where it needs to wait for cold rinse water and if that is taking forever to fill the dial will not advance.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the dialog I also said I had replaced the cold water valve earlier and still have the problem. So did not make any progress

Can you check the cold water pressure out of the tube that comes out of the valve to see if you have good pressure through the valve to rule out that or a blockage in the tube?