Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

On my Hot point stove, my wise shorted the burners out. She

Customer Question

On my Hot point stove, my wise shorted the burners out. She wrap the metal tray under the burner with foil. Then when she put the burner back in , sparks came from where the burner plugs into the stove. Now when she turn the burner on can't adjust the heat. the burner get real hot & can't turn the heat down. How do I fix it & what part do I need?
Submitted: 10 months ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 10 months ago.

Hello, the switch that turns the burner on is shorted. The switch controls when the element cycles. Replace the switch for the burner to fix the issue.

I work on the honor system here. I'm not credited for my work until you rate my answer positively using the star rating system at the top of your screen. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off.

Thanks!