Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

What does dL mean error code on my washer
, its a xl gh

Customer Question

what does dL mean error code on my washer
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: its a xl high effect. top loading machine, went to check on laundry and dL is on the error panel and the lights are flashing on the front panel board. I moved the load to be more even and push start but it wont start it just stays showing the dL error and the lights flashing
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Good Evening! Error dL is referring to your door latch assembly failing. Try to unplug the washer for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset and if not the door latch will need to be ordered and replaced. You'll need the full model number located on a sticker below the lid down near the hinges to look up the correct latch for your model. It's not on the lid itself but rather tucked underneath and very difficult to see.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.