Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a Kitchenaid electric range serial #XR4304508.

Customer Question

I have a Kitchenaid electric range serial #XR4304508. Controls are located in the front of cooktop. I broke cooktop need to replace with KERA807PSS00. Need to know how to disassemble range top to replace it as cannot find any directions on how to do this. Especially without breaking the glass cooktop!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hello, slide the oven out so you have room to work on it. Start by removing the control panel. Screws along the bottom and side and the front control comes off. Either that or one screw in each lower corner holding the panel in place.

Once the panel is off you will be able to remove the screws on the front that hold the top in place.

Now the screws along the side can be removed. Number #5 #6 have screws.

Click Here

I work on the honor system here. I'm not credited for my work until you rate my answer positively using the star rating system at the top of your screen. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only screws visable are under control panel cannot see any on sides. Tried removing screws under control panel and cannot lift up or pull off the control panel at all. No screws on side of range, screws must be hidden underneath trim.

Upload a picture of the front of the control panel with the door open. With a picture I will be able to tell you for sure. Look up shows other way so.. Serial break maybe I don't know.. Let me know if you can upload a pic.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried to upload photo.

Yes, I got them thank you. Open the oven door and look up in each corner under the panel. Each side has one screw. Remove each screw and the panel will slide up and off.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are plastic end caps that slide into channel on each side of stove top and seem to be attached to the controls,and controls will not lift up as there is a raised piece of metal that holds controls nor will it pull straight out because of the end caps no visible screws seen on outside to be removed.

Have you removed the two screws under the panel? Once in each corner? Once those screws are removed the control lifts up and forward coming off the range giving access to the control board and inside.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I removed all screws (6) under controls. Will not lift up because plastic end caps have a tab that is slid into side of wall, and this also stops me from lifting up control panel.

Would you be able to open the oven door and take a picture so I can see what the panel where the top of the door hits?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the 6 screws as I may have to get someone here to do it, doesn't seem to be going as easily as you say it should be.
I have sent picture of end cap also.

In the very bottom corner where the stainless panel hits the black piece do you see a screw in each corner?

Screws going directly in not up into the panel.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
threre is one screw that looks screwed into black piece and 2 screws in front of each other that look srewed into end caps.

Does #4 come off?

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-part/kera807pss00/0593/0124111/w0511080/00002.html

Yes, the screw that is screwed into the black piece there's one in each corner those need to come out of number #4 in order for the panel to slide up and off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried new photo

Yes, the black headed screw in the vent/trim each of those.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are 4 screws holding the black vent trim in. Remove all 4?

Have you slide the oven forward several inches yet

Customer: replied 1 year ago.