Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Kitchen Aid KEMS 378BL04 with concealed baking element: Is

Customer Question

Kitchen Aid KEMS 378BL04 with concealed baking element: Is bottom pan over the
baking element removable to clean a burnt sugar spillover? If not, what is the best
way to clean before using the self clean cycle to eliminate smoke, odors & flare up?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

So you can not remove the bottom floor inside the oven to get to the element below it unfortunately. If you don't have oil spilled you should be able to just run self clean although it will smoke up a bit so open up all the windows and turn the fans on. You can't actually take the bake burner cavity apart. You could pull the oven out and remove the back sheet metal panel and remove the bake element by pulling it out the back, but the cavity where the element slides into isn't accessible and doesn't come apart, it's built into the frame of the oven below the oven liner. Also if the bottom pan has build up on it, you can use Easy Off for Self Cleaning Ovens to clean as much of the floor as you can inside the oven to reduce the smoke before self cleaning.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?