John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Kitchenaid KUDE60BL0 that is leaking a bit from the

Customer Question

My name is Doug. I have a Kitchenaid KUDE60BL0 that is leaking a bit from the door. Replaced the inner door gasket and it did not help. Took the outside door panel off and noticed a gap of roughly 1/4" between the lip of the bottom panel and a rubber gasket mounted to the outside of the door. Ran a cycle with dishwashing machine soap and during the wash cycle suds built up and leaked out the outside door gap. Wondering if this gasket panel is mounted incorrectly. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What addition info do you need?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 10 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

The gap is normal it is designed that way.

Is this a newly installed unit or has it been in place and just started doing this?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did not get the notice that you responded to my question and I figured out the issue. Can I get the charge to me card reversed?

I sent your request to customer service.